IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATE
Due to the outbreak of the Coronavirus in the United States, The Saint Augustine Seventh-Day Adventist Church has decided to suspend in-person services until further notice.
Notice for May 16th, 2020
Pr. Abel Morrobel, our new Pastor will be introduced this Sabbath May 16, 2020 during his first live streaming sermon to our district congregations of Saint Augustine and Orange Cove. You can watch this livestream on Sabbath at 11:30 AM at the following channels: YouTube: StAugLive SDA Facebook: @staugustinesda We would like to extend a special invitation to all church members for a special Sabbath morning worship on Sabbath, May 30, at 11:00 am. This convocation is being prepared for all churches in the Florida Conference and could be watched at the same channels used for the Florida Conference Sabbath Vespers Service. Although we do not yet have a date when our churches will begin to reopen, this is the time for planning and preparation. As such, we are developing a set of guidelines to assist us implement the best approach to return to our church building and commune with our friends and families. Expect more information regarding these guidelines in the near future.
Why did we cancel?
We decided to cancel for a few reasons:
1. It’s being socially responsibly to flatten the curve.
2. Healthcare providers need to take extra special precautions at this time as they're essential in case of local outbreak. Our church has a number of hospital workers.
3. While not yet mandatory, Florida Department of Health and CDC are already recommending against large gatherings. Many Adventist churches and schools across the country are taking this step.
4. This provides a great opportunity to practice Holy Hygiene.
5. While possible that we may be overreacting, it would be better than under-reacting.
What will happen instead?
Please join us at 11:00 AM on YouTube as we present the morning sermon at:
Elder Cliff Sutherland will be sharing the Sabbath Sermon Titled “ The Test of Discipleship”
Would God want us to cancel?
God commanded the Israelites to build parapets, or railings, on their roofs,
that you may not bring the guilt of blood upon your house, if anyone should fall from it.
Embedded in Scripture is both the implied and explicit responsibility to take necessary steps to care for others. Additionally, with the ending of the sacrificial system, worship was not limited to a building. We encourage you to worship, whether online with us, with your LifeGroup or small group of friends, or even with family, but we believe that limiting large gatherings is the responsible thing to do.
I want to serve during this time. How can I serve?
2. By being faithful in returning tithe & offering. When we don't hold worship, giving decreases, but expenses don't. Please think of our church finances during this time by returning an extra offering to sustain us. Click here to give.
3. Pray. Pray for our world, our country, our local community, our church, our school, and our families.